The BB divers motto "no troubles, only bubbles" should say it all.
You can leave your troubles at home the moment you put foot on Koh Mak. We organize everything for your trip with BB divers, food, drinks, transport, equipment and of course a good time on the boat. The bubbles are the only trace we want to leave in the water after our dives. We try hard to leave our environment and beautiful nature as untouched as possible. Irresponsible dive behavior is simply not allowed.
Koh Mak is a very eco-minded island, and there are many actions to keep it "green and clean".
As divers we love nature. Tourism however is one of the threats to the coral reef and marine life. Bad diving practices, snorkelers walking on coral, fish feeding, trash from boats, anchoring on reef...
Many of these issues can be avoided by making everyone aware and responsible for their actions. This is something BB divers work on every day with our own divers and snorkelers, and by making others aware of bad practices. We are thankfull for the beauty which Mother Nature lets us enjoy every day, and will do everything we can to help preserve this gift. We strive for conservation aware dives and trips, so future generations can enjoy these grand coral reefs as much as we can. To be eco minded is our spirit and our legacy to the future.
Some of our actions...
Every season we organize a few underwater cleanup projects ourselves. Our own staff and divemaster trainees are happy to help, and for every clean up we ask guests to join for a free diving day, so they can help to collect rubbish. This is not only useful to get the trash out of the water but it is fun as well.
- We offer coral watch diving trips in cooperation with project aware.
- Every low season we organize a few underwater cleanup projects ourselves. Our own staff and divemaster trainees are happy to help, and for every clean up we ask guests to join for a free diving day, so they can help to collect rubbish. This is not only useful to get the trash out of the water but it is fun as well.
- We join and support the yearly clean ups from Dasta and National Park.
- International clean up day, day of the reef.
- Nemo project, reintroduction of the clownfish on Koh Rang national Park.
- Active cooperation in the planning and sinking of a new artificial reef the HTMS Chang, which became a great reef over the years and takes away some of the "load" of other reefs.
Coral watch dives
Next to the regular dives we offer Coral watch dives. This is a day of diving, where we go under with coral charts, taking data to map the reef and check how it is affected over time. It is a fun way to learn about the coral reef, and a great feeling to make your dives count! If you are interested have a look at www.coralwatch.org
Reef check courses
One of the courses we teach is the eco diver course from reefcheck.org. An eco diver learns all about coral reefs, its threats and its conservation.
- Eco diver www.reefcheck.org
This is a 4 day course on coral threats and conservation. The course includes theory on reef conservation and fish recognition, buoyancy training, and data taking on the coral reef. The data is collected by reef check, and is used to survey the reefs around the world. It is an important step towards mapping the existing reefs and their condition.
- Eco diver package with reef data taking.
For those interested in cooperating with the mapping of the reefs, there is a full dive package, including a week of dive training, and 3 weeks of reef data taking.